CLICK HERE for The Top-Rated & Best-Selling Health and Personal Care Products
Unsecured: Cyber Security And Your Data
Cyber security is very much needed to be improved and reinforced, most especially since most of activities are moved by technology nowadays. Email, cellphones and instant messengers are big parts of our communications. While, technology like mp3s, mp4s, and digitized entertainment are very much in demand. Transportation would use GPS and you can even do online shopping and pay for your internet.
Cyberspace is utilized for our needs. But how safe is our information stored in computers? Cyber security’s function is to prevent, detect and fight off any attacks to our systems that could put our personal and working information in jeopardy.
The risks of storing too much information in our computers are increasing over the years. These are bad news especially if your are managing your finances online, storing personal data or any work-related activities. Viruses and hacking is so common, that we should take necessary precautions to prevent it from happening to us.
According to Consumer Reports, published in 2006, there is about 1 out of 3 computer users who have fallen victims of viruses, spyware or phishing. These cyber security attacks costs consumers to spent $7.8 billion in years 2005 and 2006 for computer repairs, parts and replacements.
How do you defend yourself from these cyber security breaches? How do you protect your data? To protect your personal and work-related data, here are some easy steps that you could do.
• Use and regularly update your anti-virus software. Viruses are among the major problems, they could slow down computers, send data to other units and completely make your system unusable. If you already have an anti-virus software installed in your computer, then you would have to keep in updated.
• Spyware alert. Another huge problem is the spyware or the adware. These are computer software that could partially control or intercept your computer functions. This software is secretly installed on computer, especially if you are frequently downloading something from the internet. The good thing is that anti-virus softwares are also offering spyware detection.
• Any computer program that is being unused can be deleted or uninstalled. Too many unnecessary programs can even make your computer vulnerable to security attacks. Since you are not using them anyway, then it is better to uninstall them.
• If you are not the only person using your computer, then it would be best to separate your documents from the other users of the computer. This would prevent anybody from accessing, changing, deleting your files. Some would have two computers, one for personal and the other one for work-related data and information.
• Use passwords, but avoid writing passwords in pieces of paper for easy reference. When choosing passwords, choose those that are easy to remember and personalized. If you have sensitive files, there are encryption programs that would enable to protect your data.
• When deleting documents, make sure that you have completely removed it from the system. There are times when hackers can still restore the information. So make sure that it is totally removed.
These cyber security measures should be taken seriously and are actually very easy to do. These would help you protect data and information, that tool you for a long time and effort to finish.
Selected ArticlesCyber Security Training: Tips And Guides
Further Equipping Cybersecurity Professionals
More Governments Acquire Awareness In Cybersecurity Challenges
Facing Computer And Cyber Security Threats
Cyber Security Building A Good Habit
Know The Truth, Exposing Myths In Cyber Security
Cyber Security For Kids
Your Browser – Cyber Security’s 1st Line Of Defense
The Future Of Cyber Security Jobs
Cyber Security Regulations
Family Cyber Security
What Is Cyber Security All About?
US Intensifies Cybersecurity Initiative
Why Do We Need Cyber Security?
Simple Boosts To Cyber Security
What Is Cybersecurity?
Simple Cybersecurity Measures For Individuals
Cyber Security And Online Shopping
Unsecured: Cyber Security And Your Data
Cyber Security Tips For Your Protection
Cyber Security Tips
Cyber Security Threats
Cyber Security: Password Protected